Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Google Chrome just won my heart.

I will admit it I love Google. And well that's for good reason, they do things right, and now their lovely little browser has done something I have always wanted.

My chrome browsers now sync up. Now you have you have to wonder what the big deal about this is? Well simply put I like bookmarking things. Now when you run multiple computers that becomes a problem. See when I am out and browsing the web on my netbook and I bookmark something to read later, then come home I cant just use my desktop. And vice-versa.

Now there has been some solutions to this before. Like emailing yourself what you wanted to read, or Opera's Link, and Firefox's SyncUp extension. But I wanted something cloud based, and tied into something I regularly use. Now I'll be honest I don't use Opera much so I can't give a full view on how good it is. But I have used Firefox, and since it first came out at that, and the sync extension was just lacking.

But with Chrome I have a sync that ties into my Google account, I do believe I have just discovered the holy grail, the only thing better would be a ghost-in-the-shell-esque internet directly into my brain.

Admittedly I'll still be using Firefox and Chrome as I have for the past while, but Chrome is now my favorite of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment