Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not here . . .

I normally don't do the personal blog post. While I post my opinion, I don't do the introspective post. But this is different.

I just found out that a friend of mine has passed on. He was one of the few people who earned my complete respect and more. He seemed to know everything yet never was arrogant about it. He was kind and gentle and gave an ear and comfort. His death is truly one I mourn. And it would be at this time that I find the right words are not to be found.

Humanity has lost one of its greats, and it never even knew he was there.

So much has been lost with his passing. And nothing gained.

A tear spilled is too many
Men weep as nations
The light has ceased
They cannot see


Forget not time
No name in sands
Nor whisper of winds


Eternal are your rights
Moment our existence
But yours a moment
Too soon

No comments:

Post a Comment